Summer camping in the heart of Dartmoor National Park
We hope we can answer some of your questions here...
1. Do you allow dogs? Yes we do with all the usual conditions... under control, on a lead and not barking too much!
2. What facilities do you have? Both our wild campsites have toilet facilities and Widecombe Valley has a water tap.
3. What is the earliest time we can get on our pitch? 2.00pm is the earliest time you can access your pitch. On departure day... please depart by 10.00am.
3. What is the latest time we can arrive on our pitch? 9.00pm is the latest time you can arrive to your pitch. Please make every effort be quiet and courteous to other campers when you arrive.
5. Payment requirements? We require a 50% deposit to confirm your booking. That can be done online, over the phone or in cash on arrival. The remaining balance should be paid in the days leading up to your stay. More info here....
6. Can we leave our vehicle in the campsite whilst we go for a walk on Dartmoor? We have a facility for parking on our Cator Hill View Site... more details here...
7. Can we have a fire? We have a designated fire pit on the Widecombe Valley campsite which must be used if having an open fire. Guests can bring their own firepit providing it is designed in such a way to keep the heat away from the grass. At no point can open fires be had in any other area. We have logs available to use in moderation.
There is a NO FIRE rule at the Cator Hill View site. This is due to the risk of starting moorland fires which are devastating to the environment and wildlife.
8. BBQ's... can we have them? We allow BBQ's but they must be managed carefully. If using a disposable BBQ please use the bricks provided and do not have the heat directly on the ground.
9. Early morning and late evening considerations? Please be considerate to other campers when coming back from the local pubs late at night and also when up and about early in the morning. More info here on our booking conditions
10. How many nights can we stay in our campervan? We operate under the temporary permited development rights for camping so we can only have one campervan on our Cator Hill View site and it can only stay for a maximum of two nights.
Frequently Asked Questions